An anti-aging orange and carrot smoothie

I know, smoothie recipes are a dime a dozen these days but I thought I would share this quick and easy one in case you're looking for additional ways to add veggies to your family's diet.  It's sweet and tangy and since oranges are in season now, they taste crisp and fresh, just like they should.

Recipe:
1 orange, peel and pith removed
1 kiwi, peel removed (tart apple would work too)
1 large carrot, peeled (or a small handful of baby carrots)
juice of 1/2 lemon
pinch of turmeric
a few cubes of ice or an ounce or 2 of water
This recipe makes one 8 oz serving.

I like the addition of turmeric as it's an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant touted for it's anti-aging properties and even alzheimer's prevention (hey, it's never too early to start).  However, if you don't have turmeric, it tastes great without too.

A few people have asked what blender I have.  I use the Nutribullet and I really like it.  It took care of the raw carrots with no problem and it's easy to clean and pretty affordable.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...